Below is a list of current job openings at Young Innovations. Please click on an opening in the list to view details and apply.
|Job Location:||Grafton, WI|
Microbrush International develops, produces, and markets innovative dental disposable applicators designed for the placement of controlled amounts of materials in hard-to-reach areas. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high-quality dental equipment with sales in excess of $100 million.
We currently seek a qualified Manufacturing Engineer who is a self-motivated, highly confident, and results-oriented professional to join our team. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for all phases of the engineering and design processes for our multi-shift manufacturing environment, including converting raw material to finished product, transitioning product from R&D to manufacturing, and handling new equipment acquisitions and installation.
- Develop, design, create, and implement new manufacturing processes based on an understanding of manufacturing process and evaluation, observation, and root-cause problem solving analysis
- Reducing time and cost associated with machine set-up/wind-down
- Continuously evaluate plant layout, proposing and executing enhancements and changes as agreed-upon
- Sourcing and engaging new vendors for equipment needs
- Reverse engineer current equipment
- Execute transition of newly designed product to manufacturing floor (i.e. cost, resources, process)
- Create CAD/solid works drawings
- Create/write procedures (to include fixtures)
- Program equipment (PLC's)
- Assist in machine repair
- Lead lean/TPS implementation
- Create BOMs and Routing
- Mchanical Engineering or Automation Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of practical, hands -n experience in an equivalent role (i.e. Manufacturing Engineer) or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Management experience
- PLC programming, CAD, and Solid Works experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully transitioning new product into production
- Strong understanding and experience in lean/Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Experience working with Plastic Injection Molding preferred
- Thorough knowledge and ability working with computers, with the specific ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions (Microsoft Office Suite -Excel, Power Point, and Outlook and ERP systems)
- Must have the ability to effectively guide and supervise others
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong analytical experience with the ability to analyze multiple data sources and identify unique solutions
- Must be able to modify their work schedule as needed for training or scheduling needs
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include offers of health, dental, life, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; 401k (with match), vacation, and holidays.
Microbrush/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer