|Title:||Senior Operations Engineer|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Sr. Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting Manufacturing Operations through application of root cause analysis, disciplined problem solving, continuous improvement mindset, focus on waste reduction, communication and project management skills. This position will participate in and/or lead cross functional teams focused on new product launches, process improvement projects, capital and automation projects, supply chain improvement initiatives. This position will interface directly with all levels of manufacturing and will be accountable for the principle job functions listed below.
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
- Project leadership for strategic capital projects focused on implementation of new processes and improvement of existing processes.
- Effectively manage multiple projects achieving cost, performance and delivery expectations.
- Lead cross-functional review of product and process designs to provide the best customer value.
- Go to individual for Manufacturing Operations (all shifts) with a focus on improving upon current baseline for productivity and scrap.
- Lead team based problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives (Kaizen, 5 Why, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Brainstorming, etc.)
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective action for customer complaints and/or internal quality concerns
- Develop, evaluate and lead line side reviews and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain technical competency of emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechanical Technology or Manufacturing Technology Engineering
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the field
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing (DFM, Kanban/Pull Systems, 5S, Single piece flow, Line Balancing, SMED, TPM)
- Capital project management experience
- Assembly process design/improvement experience
- Six Sigma project experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks and CAD
- Strong PC literacy and skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical ability and initiative
- Manufacturing experience – evidence of leading cross-functional teams and actively supporting members of the hourly production team
- Manual dexterity and ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time. Able to bend, reach and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Office environment and occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
- Minimal travel – up to 10%
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer
Key words: Engineer, Senior Operations Engineer, Sr. Operations Engineer, Operations Engineer