|Title:||Manager Operations and Infrastructure|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
FUNCTION: This position oversees the Infrastructure team’s operations and supervises the employees and service providers who provide infrastructure technical support and service. This position ensures that the safety and integrity of the enterprise environment are maintained and is responsible for the efficient, effective operation for smooth function of the business. This position is also responsible for planning strategic short-term and long-term goals for the Infrastructure team with consideration of the overall IT. This position works closely with IT leadership, business units and IT technical staff to ensure the requirements of the business are properly documented and delivered.
- Evaluating technical architecture, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Coordinate and plan for the company’s information technology architecture including all aspects of daily operation for both voice and data networks ensuring that systems are up-to-date, operational and functional at all times.
- Monitor and follow up on tickets to ensure service delivery, especially those that are overdue or close to being overdue to ensure prompt resolution and meet service expectations.
- Manages planning for resource availability, capacity and scalability of all hardware, software, network and communication systems.
- Installs, implements, configures and monitors equipment and software/firmware for all components of the company LAN, WAN, storage and servers.
- Coordinates activities of the IT Infrastructure team to ensure smooth functioning of all PC, virtual desktop, and server systems in conjunction with activities of the team.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Oversee research for technology solutions and creates proposals and project plans with team employees encompassing research, analysis, feasibility, cost justification. Then oversee the selection, purchase, and implementation of said solutions.
- Ensures team employees coordinate with vendors for the repair and maintenance, routine or otherwise, of data center hardware, software, and other related equipment.
- Develop relationships with third party vendors for assigned projects and ongoing support. Responsible for escalating service and audit issues and needs as necessary with vendors and internally with leadership.
- Determines action for any system problem, hardware problem, or usage problem whereby the integrity of the systems could be compromised.
- Ensures critical operations and data files are backed up and stored off-site.
- Assist in the development of the operating budget for the Infrastructure related systems and resources.
- Ensure documentation is followed and kept up to date including; standards, procedures, change management procedures, and compliance documentation including PCI, disaster recovery procedures, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in technical or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing and planning in technical infrastructure related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with professionals in a fast-paced environment