|Title:||Varnish Mixing Specialist - 1st Shift|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for one Varnish Mixing Specialist on our 1st shift to join our team in Earth City, MO. The Varnish Mixing Specialist will be responsible for leading the weighing and mixing processes for varnish sub-batches and flavor batches. This will require accurate measurement of ingredients, precise setup and parameter settings of equipment. The role will require extreme discipline taken in following safety, material handling, process steps and cleaning protocols. This role will be handling flammable substances in a safe and controlled environment.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include offers of Health, HSA, Dental, Life, Vision, STD and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), vacation, and holidays.
- Subject matter expert and continuous improvement agent in the varnish production room
- Weigh out ingredients, mix sub-batches and flavored batches of chemical products in an ISO and FDA regulated environment.
- Effectively and efficiently setup, operate, and maintain, including cleaning of, all mixing equipment in a fast-paced environment.
- Sufficient knowledge of closed system mixing equipment and process to know when to adjust controls to regulate temperatures, pressures, speeds, and flow of dry and liquid chemicals.
- Monitors gauges, recording instruments, or products to ensure that specified conditions are maintained and documents observed values as required
- Inspects equipment or units to detect leaks and malfunctions, shutting equipment down if necessary.
- Cleans, assembles, and makes minor repairs to machinery and equipment using hand tools.
- Select pre-programmed recipes from process controllers to deliver the proper mix consistency
- Read, follow, and complete work orders, batch records and additional documentation as required.
- Retrieves, measures, and adds raw materials to mixing kettles according to product specifications.
- Responsible for oversight of equipment and controls in the varnish batch mixing operation
- Diagnose and make minor adjustments to equipment as needed, reporting any mechanical or safety concerns to supervisor
- Observes safety precautions and collaborates to ensure best practices are implemented and followed.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Understand and use metric measurements and conversions.
- Strict adherence to following procedures related to grounding of equipment, and safe storage and handling of flammable materials
- Participate in inventory cycle counting and other physical duties as assigned.
- Compliance with internal quality system and general company policies.
- Capable of training others on the varnish mixing processes and procedures.
Training and Experience
- Required - High School Diploma or GED
- Required – Minimum 3 years’ experience as a lead chemical mixer/compounder
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Knowledge of handling and mixing of flammable chemicals
- Troubleshooting and product inspection
- Operation control and monitoring
- Equipment maintenance and light repair
- Management of material resources
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.