|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
View our website for all other Career opportunities
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for 3 Press Operators in Vulcanizing at our manufacturing facility in Earth City. These positions are for our 2nd shift Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 11:30pm. If you are a reliable, hard-working and teamwork oriented individual, we encourage you to apply. Will train! Young Dental offers a stable job with competitive starting pay, opportunities for advancement, full benefit package upon hire including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) life & disability insurance and much more!
- Operate and adjust several different types of automated packaging equipment as required
- Audit production quality by utilizing in process inspections and visual observations
- Properly complete all production, quality inspection, and OEE paperwork
- Maintain a high level of quality by operating within the company quality system, as well as FDA and ISO regulations
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on machinery
- Utilize inventory management system to locate materials
- Maintain inventory lot tracking while operating in a FIFO manner
- Carry out lean manufacturing initiatives including Kanban system
- Participate in continuous improvement processes
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping procedures to maintain a safe work environment
Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of machine operation
- Possess mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn operation of machinery
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Possess attention to detail
- Must be able to take direction and work well within a team
- Must be adaptable and able to work on a variety of tasks as required
- Must be able to work standing for 12 hours and lift up to 50 lbs
- Regular, consistent attendance is an absolute must
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.