|Title:||Production Supervisor, 1st Shift|
|Job Location:||Grafton, WI|
Microbrush International develops, produces, and markets innovative disposable applicators designed for the placement of controlled amounts of materials in hard-to-reach areas. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment with sales in excess of $100 million.
We are a growing manufacturing organization with a focus on quality and constant improvement seeking a 1st Shift Production Supervisor to join our team. The Production Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of employees within the Production Department. Monitor and supervise the department to ensure the established standards meet safe work and GMP practices. Responsible for ensuring daily production objectives are met efficiently and satisfactory. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including: training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Production Department for the assigned shift or crew
- Strategically manage shift, with the ability to identify and implement both short- and long-term process improvements based observations
- Collaborate with other Production Supervisors to ensure effective operations between lines and shifts
- Collaborate with Warehouse, QA, and Maintenance staff to see that their support is effectively directed
- Design and implement operating practices for the department, ensuring compliance with GMPs, and following the principles of Lean Manufacturing, which must be maintained as Standard Operating Procedures
- Strive for the achievement of individual, line, shift, and company goals.
- Monitor performance through metrics and report performance through scorecards and reports
- Manage the daily staffing of the assigned crew, accounting for time-off and administering time-card records
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace
- Compile required reports and documentation regarding operations, inspections, deviations, and corrective actions
- Enforce safety regulations, ensuring safety standards are met and required safety training occurs
- Work with Human Resources on all employee relations issues
- Sustain a system of active communication within the department
- Minimum 5 years of practical, hands on experience in an equivalent role or related field
- Post-secondary education/training preferred
- Experience working with Plastic Injection Molding is preferred
- Must be experienced working with computers and have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions (Microsoft Office Suite -Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and ERP systems)
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload
- Must have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization
- Must be able to effectively supervise/train staff and speak effectively before groups and
- Must know Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- Strong analytical experience; ability to analyze data sources, bringing multiple solutions for company
- Demonstrated follow through skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Effective at problem solving and thinking "outside of the box"
- Must be able to modify their work schedule as needed for personnel training or scheduling change needs, including occasional weekend overtime
Young Innovations/Microbrush International are an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer