|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at Young Dental in Earth City, Missouri. The Automation Engineer will play a critical role in not only supporting the existing manufacturing operations, but also for finding and executing on opportunities to create value for the business. This position is within the Engineering Department, reporting to the Operations / Engineering Manager.
- Map and analyze operational improvement opportunities to improve profitability.
- Assess and prioritize operational objectives based on various considerations such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety and environmental quality.
- Assist the Automation/Maintenance Technicians in determining machine issues
- Design and detail custom automated equipment from concept through installation
- Evaluate and select appropriate vendors for fabricated and purchased components. Work with vendors to facilitate on-time delivery of quality parts within known budgets
- Ensure the automation process is capable, ready, and proven prior to startup
- Anticipate and take proactive measures to avoid undesirable results including: nonconformities, scrap, waste, inefficiency, injury, safety hazards, etc.
- Work with the Maintenance/Facilities department on plant and equipment layout
- Perform necessary duties within Quality Management System: CAPA, FMEA, etc.
- Clearly and effectively write protocols, reports, and presentations using MS Office
- Complete risk analysis for products or processes collaboratively with other department members.
- B.S. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, System Engineering or similar.
- Minimum Requirements
- B.S. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5+ years of practical, hands on experience in an equivalent role (i.e. Automation Engineer) or related field
- 4+ Years of experience in manufacturing, medical device, pharmaceuticals or similar
- PLC programming experience preferred
- Deadline, detail and action-oriented
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload
- Exposure to Lean, continuous improvement and process improvement methodologies and culture
- Must be independently motivated
- Office environment, with sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
- Periodic lifting or moving objects 50 lbs. or less.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer