|Title:||Sr. Operations Engineer|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at Young Dental in Earth City, Missouri. The Sr. Operations Engineer will play a critical role in not only supporting the existing manufacturing operations, but also for finding and executing on opportunities to create value for the business. This role will collaborate with product development, finance, supply chain, production and quality to ensure effective and efficient communication and a process-oriented approach to project work. This position is within the Engineering Department, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Map and analyze operational / process improvement opportunities to improve profitability.
- Assess and prioritize operational objectives based on various considerations such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety and environmental quality.
- Provide production management information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing operations and engineering data and trends.
- Anticipate and take proactive measures to avoid undesirable results including: nonconformities, scrap, waste, inefficiency, injury, safety hazards, etc.
- Create, review and improve routings and bill of materials using company ERP software.
- Use statistical methods to analyze, interpret and present results using Excel, Minitab or similar.
- Perform necessary duties within Quality Management System: CAPA, FMEA, PFMEA, etc.
- Clearly and effectively write protocols, reports, and presentations using MS Office products.
- Complete risk analysis for products or processes collaboratively with other department members.
- B.S. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, System Engineering or similar.
- 4+ Years of experience in manufacturing, medical device, pharmaceuticals or similar.
- 1+ Years in a leadership and/or project management role.
- Exposure to Lean, continuous improvement and process improvement methodologies and culture.
- Experience with technology-driven projects, including software integrations, is a plus.
- Ability to lead, motive and work alongside other team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of statistics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to lead root cause problem solving projects
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Project Management Software - MS Project, MS Excel or SmartSheets preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful completion (scope, time and budget)
- Familiarity with Design of Experiment
- Basic knowledge Qualifications / Validations (Equipment, Product, Process, Material, Software)
- Basic knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements (medical device and/or drugs)
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping procedures to maintain safe working environment.
- Basic knowledge of dental products or medical devices is a plus.
- Periodic lifting or moving objects 40 lbs. or less
- Willingness to travel up to 15%, dependent on project length and scope.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer