|Title:||Chemical Hand Packing Lead|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: The Chemical Handpacking Lead is a key role in the chemical manufacturing processes supporting the Chemical Supervisor by communicating safety, quality or any other operational/maintenance issues.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise within the chemical packing processes
- Lead the team on equipment set ups
- Manufacture all chemical products in an ISO and FDA regulated environment
- Read, follow, and complete work orders and additional documentation as required
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment
- Understand and use metric measurements and conversions
- Able to follow procedures relating to proper storage and handling of chemicals, labels, and other packaging supplies
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives
- Compliance with internal quality system and general company policies
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years prior manufacturing operator experience, or 2 year degree required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Must be well organized, results oriented and have effective problem solving ability
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Innovations INC is an equal opportunity employer