|Title:||Senior Cost/Corporate Accountant|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are seeking a talented Senior Cost/Corporate Accountant to join the dynamic and highly collaborative accounting team at our Algonquin, Illinois facility. In this position you will serve as the cost accounting subject matter expert and execute the monthly financial close for our Young Dental business based near St. Louis, Missouri. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with the Young Dental operations team.
- Partner with operations team at our Earth City manufacturing facility to optimize accuracy and reporting of our manufacturing costs; maintain ownership of standard costs for the business and serve as the subject matter expert to business unit management
- Support operational and new product development teams by analyzing and evaluating costs for operational improvements and strategic new product initiatives
- Execute month, quarter, and year-end financial close in accordance with GAAP, including all journal entries and associated reconciliations, , for the Young Dental business unit
- Plan, execute and report on the annual standard cost roll process for the Young Dental business; This activity may also take place during interim periods for new product lines or other acquired businesses
- Lead the quarterly review of the reserve for excess and obsolete inventory, with more frequent reviews of specific products as requested
- Provide support for all financial reporting activities
- Assist with year-end audits, budget preparation and other special projects
- Seek out and implement process improvement opportunities across the Finance organization or within the Young Dental business
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 4 years of cost accounting experience, preferably at a manufacturing plant location
- Superior analytical skills with the capability to identify and resolve root-cause problems
- Experience with IFS (ERP) or other similar ERP systems
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work autonomously across a number of business units and collaborate effectively with various levels and functional areas
- Ability to proactively manage deadlines and acute attention to detail
- Advanced computer/system skills, including: advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- 75 - 80% travel expected in first 6-9 months of employment with travel required beyond the first 9 months decreasing to ~25%.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer