|Job Location:||Missoula, MT|
At American Eagle Instruments Inc., we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. The growth of AEI has been fueled by the commitment and hard work of this special group of people. As an established industry leader, AEI offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits and a dynamic work environment. AEI is comprised of a diverse and intelligent workforce. Our employment practices are implemented without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local fair employment law practices.
AEI/Young Innovations is looking for a Production Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Production Manager is tasked with creating value via the efficient and effective supervision of the various production departments supporting the manufacturing of dental hand instruments, as well as the facility safety program. Reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager, the Production Manager directly manages department supervisors/leads, and indirectly supervises over 30 employees throughout a metals manufacturing process that includes CNC work, tool and die work, sharpening, and assembly. Additionally, the Production Manager will be tasked with developing, implementing, and maintaining a facility-wide safety program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and organize production staffing and schedules based on Kanban demand pull system guidelines.
- Accurately assess project and resource requirements necessary to support active company and departmental initiatives, and deploy resources accordingly.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Overseeing day-to-day production processes, while striving to achieve superior levels of optimization and efficiency.
- Coordinate with Maintenance to organize and schedule the repair and routine maintenance production equipment, while minimizing the impact on production.
- Maintain employee schedules, allocate resources, and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure product quality meets specifications while also meeting or exceeding company production needs.
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Analyze processes, tools, material, machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develop or revise standard manufacturing processes and practices, and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolve worker grievances
- Hire, coach, train, and develop direct reports, including performance evaluations and any necessary corrective action.
- Provide key support and leadership, as necessary, to company and departmental projects and initiatives.
- Create and implement a facility wide safety program, and ensure employee compliance with all aspects of the plan.
Training and Experience.
- Bachelor's degree and at least four years’ experience successfully managing a team of employees in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time occasionally.
Office and manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Minimal travel required.
American Eagle Instruments /Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer