|Title:||Human Resource Generalist|
|Job Location:||Grafton, WI|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are looking for a strong HR Generalist will provide site-based HR support to the management and staff at the Grafton manufacturing facilities. This will include responsibility for coordinating and/or facilitating the execution of tasks across a wide scope of HR arenas, including but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding/offboarding, employee relations, engagement/culture, policy/procedure administration, legal compliance, corrective action/performance management, training, and time/attendance maintenance. The HR Generalist will report to the HR Business Partner and have a dotted-line relationship to the site Plant Manager.
- Coordinate and execute full life-cycle recruiting activity, including: evaluating/drafting/updating job descriptions and job specs; developing sourcing plans; posting (internal and external); sourcing; screening/interviewing; developing/extending offers; and managing requisition and candidate workflows within ATS
- Act as Engagement Champion for the site, including: planning, communicating, and executing employee engagement activities; actively connecting with all employees as a resource/outlet for concerns or suggestions; and acting as a positive cultural influence both in the office and on the shop floor.
- Complete onboarding and offboarding activities for hires and terms, respectively, including but not limited to: executing pre-hire processes (drug tests, non-competes, etc.), completing new hire orientation and associated paperwork (including E-Verify), input of data into HRIS, conducting exit interviews (and sharing outcomes), completing termination paperwork, ensuring removal from HRIS and appropriate processing of final pay, submitting unemployment responses and participating in hearings as needed
- Act as the on-site liaison to employees regarding questions on benefits, payroll, policies/procedures, workers compensation, and leave/ADA administration
- Conduct employee relations conversations and investigations and recommend action
- Guide and advise managers and supervisors in corrective action processes, participate in delivery of corrective actions (as needed) and tracking their delivery and receipt
- Track attendance and holidays for facility; make adjustments to payroll system for missing/wrong punches; report temp hours to agencies; maintain perfect attendance list
- Partner with operations and quality team regarding safety initiatives; maintain OSHA log; record and manage local workers compensation cases
- Deliver recurring or ad hoc training as needed
- Monitor employee leaves from third-party admin and share appropriate information with necessary internal parties
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- At least 3+ years of demonstrated success in an HR Coordinator, Specialist, or Representative capacity; manufacturing and/or distribution experience strongly preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
- Recruiting and sourcing best practices, including behavioral interview techniques
- Employee relations, corrective action, and performance management basics
- HR laws (local and national)
- FMLA/ADA administration best practices
- Workers compensation and safety best practices
- HR and recruiting systems
- Partner with all levels of the organization to create a culture of positive employee relations and engagement
- Execute the essential duties of the job capably and with minimal supervision
- Maintain the confidentiality of employee data and conversations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to negotiate and influence staff and site management
- Computer/technical skills, including: intermediate MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortability with HR and Payroll/Timekeeping systems
Will support a multi-shift facility, therefore, schedule will vary to include at least 1 day where support lasts until 3rd shift starts (until 11pm)
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.