|Title:||Director of Supply Chain|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $150 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
Young Innovations is looking for a dynamic, focused, and engaging leader to join our team as the Director of Supply Chain at our facility in Algonquin, IL. The Director of Supply Chain will provide overall support to the company's supply chain while having primary responsibility for identifying and executing strategic organization-wide and business unit-specific supply chain improvements. Areas of leadership and tactical focus will include, but are not limited to: controlling the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished products; land/ocean freight management (including LTL/FTL); negotiating with vendors; coordinating order cycles; developing, refining, and aligning metrics; and evaluating/leveraging resources for highest possible returns. The Director of Supply Chain will partner significantly with operations, finance, and IT employees across the business to influence and drive critical outcomes. This position will report to the VP of Operations.
- Leading and executing strategic and tactical Supply Chain activities and initiatives across the business, including: negotiating pricing and terms with international and domestic suppliers; appraising supplier manufacturing capabilities via on-site visits and audit programs; developing and implementing supplier score card system; and mitigating supply chain risk by ensuring appropriate back-up vendors are in-place
- Managing and negotiating freight contracts (Parcel, LTL, Ocean, etc.)
- Developing new material sources domestically and internationally
- Visit and secure new suppliers from low cost countries
- Manage and improve terms with current and future suppliers
- Defining, analyzing, and reporting on key performance metrics, and translating that data into actionable and appropriate remediation or improvement activities
- Supporting acquisition activities (diligence and integration) to ensure maximum leverage of current supply chain and acquired-business capabilities
- Engaging business partners on improving life cycle management process (SLOBEX)
- Documenting supply chain processes and developing/communicating new or enhanced policies/procedures where appropriate
- Own all elements of supply chain budget, including preparation and adherence to operating and capital expenditures in-line with corporate objectives
- Partner with various operations and matrixed business partners to develop and execute strategic and tactical supply chain plans for business, such as:
- VP/GMs for Business Units: aligning operational projects and initiatives to total company objectives; maximizing freight mark-ups; determining make vs buy decisions
- Sales/Marketing (Branded and OEM): engaging S&OP activities to ensure production is able to meet recurring and one-off customer demand
- IT: preparings infrastructure improvement plans and collaborates with corporate IT group to plan and implement approved projects
- Quality and Regulatory: ensuring ongoing compliance with ISO standards, FDA guidelines, and alignment with all other environmental standards and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in operations, supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in supply chain management.
- Successful experience in integrating and managing an internally matrixed supply chain function while driving initiatives organization wide
- Experience in a regulated environment, preferably FDA and Medical Devices, with knowledge of ISO 13485 standards, FDA guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and European Medical Device Directive
- Experience in acquisition diligence and integration strongly preferred
- Experience in Private Equity-owned organization a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and methodologies and proven ability to execute initiatives and maintain a strong lean environment.
- Demonstrated success in guiding and influencing teams and driving change management
- Superior negotiating and selling skills
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to manage budget and P&L responsibilities
- Ability to develop, track, analyze, and report/communicate on appropriate supply chain metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels inside and outside the organization
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Superior root cause problem solving skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with ERP systems
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Travel up to 25% - 50%, including overseas travel
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.