|Title:||Quality Inspector - 3rd Shift|
|Job Location:||Grafton, WI|
Microbrush International develops, produces, and markets innovative disposable applicators designed for the placement of controlled amounts of materials in hard-to-reach areas. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment.
We are looking for a strong Quality Inspector to join the Microbrush team at our Grafton, Wisconsin location. The 3rd shift Quality Inspector is responsible for verifying and approving production runs; completing associated paperwork; performing regular quality checks on product on a variety of production machines, and ensuring products meet specifications so that they are cleared to release for sale. Additionally, the 3rd shift Quality Inspector is responsible for following all safety rules, and company established manufacturing and quality methods and processes while meeting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators). The hours required for this 3rd shift position are 10:00pm -6:30am. This position will require occasional overtime and some weekends.
- Responsible for all documentation for products, ensuring the documentation is filled out properly and not signed off as completed unless correct and complete
- Verify and approve production start-up on shop orders. This includes reviewing work instructions, inspecting flock or bristle heads and runner cuts, measurements are met using gauges and per finished part specifications and company quality requirements as each product requires
- Perform sixty (60) minute quality inspections on shop orders, checking flocking, cuts, etc. or for bulk bags, bulk boxes, tray boxes, and molding parts for tips, cavities, water pass, syringe fit, etc. per Quality Manual
- When product fails, properly document the materials and documents, and communicate with the operators and Lead staff. Ensure process changes are made until product is able to pass inspection
- Perform packaging and final release inspections and ensure shop orders are properly completed
- Work closely with Lead staff to ensure finished goods receive proper inspections per policy
- Cross-train on all inspection duties and assist in training new employees
- Communicate with Supervisor as necessary and per Quality Manual training documents
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in field or related area; prefer automated machine operation and/or product visual inspection experience in an industrial environment
- Ability to distinguish color
- Ability to use basic measuring devices; complete paperwork; take directions and work in a team
- Ability to read and follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the role
- Strong attention to detail
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer