|Job Location:||Missoula, MT|
Young Innovations is looking for a Quality Control who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Quality Control is Responsible for ensuring minimum standards for product quality to defined specifications.
- Supports and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate and departmental policies and goals.
- Interprets quality control instructions and implements instructions.
- Inspects and analyzes in-process product for defects and dispositions it accordingly.
- Checks-in and inspects incoming raw materials.
- Performs incoming inspections of outsourced product/parts as necessary.
- Helps maintain accurate Inspection Logs for reporting and trend analysis.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities and helps determine any actions to be implemented to address the situation.
- Responsible to review in-process product to the appropriate specifications and advise changes or modifications or notify the Quality & Compliance Manager of the need for a concession.
- Work in conjunction with various department heads to determine root cause of any product quality issues impacting large quantities of product, a broad range of products, or the potential impact to future production.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and graphic and written product specifications.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding and ability to utilize typical Microsoft Office Suite applications, most notably Excel and Word.
- Fundamental understanding and utilization of basic measuring equipment, including calipers, micrometers, surface gages, hardness testers, optical microscopes et al.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
America Eagle Instruments /Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer