|Title:||International Sales Director|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories. Young has grown quickly over the last 5 years both organically and inorganically.
We are looking for a strong International Sales Director to join our team. The International Sales Director is a critical position for the global growth of Young Innovations as there is considerable opportunity to expand Young’s current market share in key geographies. As a result, the International Sales Director will be responsible for profitably maximizing Young Innovations’ sales revenue and market share in Asia, Oceania, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. This will include, but is not limited to: sourcing and maintaining appropriate market knowledge and insights; leveraging that knowledge to develop effective sales and marketing strategies; and efficiently executing customer acquisition, retention, and expansion initiatives throughout all assigned regions. In addition, the International Sales Director will play a key role in support of our aggressive international M&A activity with responsibility for commercial integration of acquired businesses in the above-referenced regions. In order to meet their objectives, the person selected for this role will work extensively with cross-functional matrix business partners throughout the organization (e.g. marketing, operations, QRA, finance, etc.). The International Sales Director will report to the Vice President of Global Business Development and provide direction and management support to an International Business Development Manager and the International Customer Service Team (1 Supervisor and 4 Customer Support Representatives). The position will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Algonquin, Illinois. We are open to candidates who are located outside of Illinois but within the United States. This role will involve a significant volume of international travel.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive growth plan and associated strategies for the target market area, including account management and demand generation through marketing, clinical affairs and sales.
- Proactively identify and vet prospective international partners/opportunities and develop appropriate action plans, including the negotiation of agreements.
- Serve as senior point of contact for all customers in the market areas to ensure a superior customer experience; identifying and resolving issues and bottlenecks as they arise.
- Create, conduct and train others to conduct presentations and product training to distributors, key opinion leaders, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of customer, competition, clinical and market information.
- Develop short and long-term sales budgets and strategies.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding international sales activities and performance relative to budget.
- Interact and partner cross functionally with all internal stakeholders, including marketing, product management and development, regulatory, finance, operations and customer service.
- 7+ years of dental or medical device (or related) account management, sales and marketing experience
- 3+ years management experience
- 5+ years international experience strongly preferred
- Domestic experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated success managing all phases of sales planning, customer acquisition, account management, and post-close support
- Strong communication and presentation skills utilizing a variety of styles to address a wide range of needs and audiences
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to understand and analyze key data and metrics
- Knowledge of and comfort with a wide range of business cultures.
- Fluency in another key global language a plus
- Technologically advanced and oriented with above average computer and technical skills to navigate the communication barriers of frequent international travel
- Ability to develop and engage in effective cross-functional relationships
- Ability to travel internationally at least 50% of the time
- Ability to travel and work during evenings and weekends for sales activities as required
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer