|Title:||Junior Graphic Designer|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in excess of $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are seeking a talented, self-led, and energetic Junior Graphic Designer to join our team at our Algonquin, IL location. The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for helping assist and execute marketing collateral and support initiatives for company product lines as well performing other related duties.
- Develops layouts and executes revisions for projects including but not limited to logo design, product branding, direct mail, print collateral, trade show booth graphics, website support, landing page design, emails and other online applications.
- Supports the development of PowerPoint presentations to ensure the materials are graphically pleasing and communicate the desired message.
- Basic in-house photography and image editing.
- Manages production design changes related to file revisions, literature updates, packaging changes and image requests.
- Ensures brand standards are appropriately integrated into all designs to create a consistent brand experience while bringing new ideas forward to keep brands current and evolving.
- Possesses good organizational skills that support the rest of the team to including packaging files, file structure and naming, and using project management software.
- Understands and learns the dental industry to design and develop effective and engaging materials that relate to customers.
- Operates effectively as a key member of the marketing services team to prioritize and complete multiple projects on time from inception to production.
- Willingness to listen and incorporate feedback to hone skills and improve designs.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- 0-2 years of work experience in graphic design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced competency in the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of marketing and brand building best practices
- Strong portfolio required and experience within the medical/dental field desired. Online portfolio is a plus.
- Experience with common web technologies desirable (HTML, CSS)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail.
- Photograph knowledge a plus.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer