|Title:||Product Manager, Infection Control|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $100 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories. We are a fast-paced, lean organization with tremendous opportunity for growth through hands-on experience with diverse and challenging projects.
Young Dental, a subsidiary of Young Innovations is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in the excess of $100 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories
Young Dental is looking for a strong Product Manager to join our team at our Algonquin, IL location. The Product Manager will have both upstream and downstream responsibilities with primary responsibility for providing strategic direction, executing tactical marketing initiatives and managing the product pipeline for growth on our $10M infection control product line.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to drive the development of a product launch, is detail-focused and will be able to work collaboratively with diverse teams across Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, R&D and Operations to ensure successful execution.
- Drives new product stage-gate process, with particular focus on distilling consumer insights to develop voice of consumer, consumer needs and benefits.
- Utilizes strong understanding of customer needs and challenges to execute "win-win" scenarios for the key distributor channel and for Young Dental
- Establishes business opportunity for new and repositioned products; works with cross-functional partners to develop product P&L's.
- Works with Regulatory on claim development and approval with R&D and Legal.
- Assists in management of product life cycles, identifies and executes cost reduction and SKU rationalization opportunities.
- Serves as an expert in the product and an understanding of the product's competitive edge, features and benefits as it relates to the market.
- Strengthens brand and product relationships through consumer focused engagement and maintains competitive intelligence on key brands and segments.
- Conducts competitive reviews and analyzes category trends
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of post-graduate professional experience, ideally in a marketing or product management capacity
- Multi-disciplinary background by education and/or experience, including basic financial analysis, marketing and management skills is required
- Background in chemistry a plus; dental experience a plus
- Strong leadership ability – driving initiatives across and through many cross-functional teams
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to work in a fast-paced, meritocratic organization on diverse and challenging projects
- Plan marketing and branding objectives
- Expand product solutions and offerings
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Assess contract status
- Prepare and adhere to budgets
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing materials in line with market strategy
- Gather and analyze customer insight
- Take calculated risks based on data-driven analytics
- Maintain excellent communication cadence with leadership team
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer