|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at Young Dental in Earth City, Missouri. The Chemical Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of manufacturing activities including weighing of raw materials, batching of liquid and paste products and packaging of liquid, paste and other products. This position will be reporting to the Chemical Operations Manager.
- Developing and communicating Safety, Quality and Productivity expectations. Ensuring all associates understand and work to meet Safety, Quality and Productivity expectations.
- Developing and maintaining departmental SOPs and procedures. Ensuring all associates are trained on and adhere to SOPs and procedures.
- Working with Scheduling and Customer Service to maximum department efficiency while meeting Customer Service expectations.
- Development of associates’ skills and knowledge through training and coaching.
- Continuously improve department operations through the use of lean manufacturing principles, problem solving skills and teamwork.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree required with a focus on engineering, manufacturing or supply chain preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant manufacturing experience (including 3+ years of previous supervisory experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in effectively managing other people through strong leadership skills and team building techniques.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Demonstrated follow through skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Excel and Outlook).
- Familiar with all departments within manufacturing and their interdependency, including flow of materials and flow of information.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization including the executive team.
Able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed and on weekends. May need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Exposure to manufacturing environment with some abnormal variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.