|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
The Product Manager owns the entire product category to ensure individual product lines within the category align with overall business strategy and market trends. The Product Manager develops the product strategy for the respective business segment, engages with other commercial leaders in the business to drive alignment to the product strategy, and executes on the initiatives and tactics needed to realize the strategy; the role is ultimately responsible for the category’s financial health and direction for both the short-term and long-term. This position reports to the VP/GM of Young’s Specialty Business and would support either the Obtura Spartan or Plak Smacker brands/portfolios.
Develops and executes all product line strategies, initiatives, and tactics, ensuring they all coalesce into a cohesive business plan and value proposition for the category. Drives strategic direction for all product lines under responsibility and is responsible for understanding performance drivers and growing the product category at above-market rates.
- Performs product management responsibilities including but not limited to developing clinical knowledge and identifying customer needs through voice of customer and other market research, rationalizing products and brands as needed, and driving new product ideas through our stage-gate process. Prepares all business cases and is accountable for results.
- Manages budget and forecasting for the category including price/volume/new product revenue drivers and SG&A investments needed to drive growth.
- Partners with downstream marketing team on product positioning, branding, and content creation and reviews recommendations on downstream marketing strategies.
- Partners with sales leaders to gain and share customer insight, to ensure sales efforts support developed strategies, to train the sales organization as needed.
- Oversees annual planning process including product and brand rationalization, pricing, and cost reduction initiatives based on product lifecycle management.
- Analyzes market and competitive trends and recommends changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Maintains external relationships as appropriate including universities, opinion leaders, third-party evaluators, and advisory boards.
- 3+ years Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in a marketing or product management capacity; experience in product development a plus
- Multi-disciplinary background by education and/or experience, including financial analyses, upstream and downstream marketing, and active engagement with sales organizations; management skills a plus
- Background in dental desirable
- Experience integrating acquired products/businesses into existing category strategies strongly desirable
- Strong leadership ability – driving initiatives across and through many cross-functional teams
- Must possess intellectual curiosity, an ability to work with limited direction, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, meritocratic organization on diverse and challenging projects
- Expert product management skills and experience – managing product lifecycle, pricing and competitive analysis, product benchmarking, and strategic planning skills
- Strong and effective project management skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience proactively engaging with sales organizations on items such as sales training, sales tool development, and product messaging
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer