|Job Location:||Missoula, MT|
At American Eagle Instruments/Young Innovations, we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. The growth of AEI has been fueled by the commitment and hard work of this special group of people. As an established industry leader, AEI offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits and a dynamic work environment. AEI is comprised of a diverse and intelligent workforce. Our employment practices are implemented without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local fair employment law practices.
AEI/Young Innovations is looking for a Machinist who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Machinist sets up and operates a variety of computer-controlled and mechanically-controlled machine tools to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools.
- Work from blueprints, sketches or computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Set up, operate, and disassemble manual, automatic, and computer-numeric controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Align, secure, and adjust cutting tools and workpieces
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications
- Measure, examine, and test completed products for defects
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
- Present finished workpieces to customers and make modifications if needed
- Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes and tolerances of workpieces
- File, grind, and adjust parts so that they fit together properly
- May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required
- Establish work procedures
- Design fixtures, tooling or experimental parts to meet engineering needs
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management
- Assist with continuous improvement
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to and comply with safety regulations
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to three years related experience and/or training. Must have general knowledge of estimating time and materials for machine jobs; metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials; machines tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance; design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of .
American Eagle Instruments, LLC /Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer