|Title:||Vice President / General Manager, Oral Surgery|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are looking for a Vice President / General Manager, Oral Surgery who thrives in a fast-paced role to join our team. The Vice President/General Manager (VP-GM), Oral Surgery, will provide leadership, management, and vision to deliver profitable growth and ensure exceptional customer experience across Young’s current and to-be-acquired/expanded Oral Surgery business segment. As the company’s principal executive focused on this fast-growing category, he/she will have broad responsibility for: ideating and executing product strategy; developing and implementing unique and appropriate sales, marketing, and go-to-market strategies; driving operational excellence compliant with regulatory standards; and leveraging resources for optimal market deployment and customer coverage to scale the business and consider new opportunities (organic and inorganic).
The VP-GM will play a critical role the company’s aggressive M&A strategy - assessing deal targets and implementing integration plans which maximize synergies and collaborative opportunities with acquired businesses. In addition, the VP-GM will cultivate and leverage multiple cross-functional business relationships (Marketing, Product, Ops, Quality, etc.) to identify and drive creative solutions to customer, market, operational, and organizational challenges.
- Drive profitable sales growth, above-market performance, and exceptional customer experience for all current and to-be-acquired Oral Surgery business/product lines (across current and to-be-developed channels). Develop and implement value-driving go-to-market strategies which place Young at the forefront of our customers’ purchasing decisions and generate clear and ongoing competitive advantages for the business.
- Develop brand strategy, marketing initiatives, and other lead-generating strategies and partner with Young’s Marketing team in the execution of same.
- Ensure Young’s Oral Surgery product catalog profitably meets customer/market needs. Recommend and implement product line expansion opportunities and partner with Young’s Product or Sourcing teams to execute. Drive product line rationalization initiatives. Develop, adjust (as needed), and implement pricing strategies to maximize margin opportunity. Assess evolving market landscape to develop future product roadmaps.
- Partner with Young’s Product team to ensure consistency in application across the full Young portfolio.
- Drive excellence in operational performance for all Oral Surgery business unit manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain activities and initiatives.
- Partner with Young's Operations and Supply Chain teams in the development and execution of operational strategies which both maintain and optimize the effectiveness and profitability of Oral Surgery business units' operating activity.
- Partner with Young's Quality and Regulatory teams to ensure compliance to all local, state, and national requirements within any markets Young serves.
- Develop, implement, and report on Oral Surgery operating plans, budget, and financial results.
- Participate in a fast-paced acquisition environment, ensuring acquired businesses are effectively integrated into current sales/operations to maximize synergies, obtain revenue growth, and minimize customer impact.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, develop, and retain A players; provide coaching and mentorship to direct reports and throughout the organization.
- Optimize and maintain an accountability- and results-driven culture with clear and concise reporting on successes and opportunities for improvement, focusing on actions and implementation within the appropriate investment timeline.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the CCO and management team in the effective and profitable execution of the company's short- and long-range strategic objectives, ensuring that sales initiatives are aligned to accommodate rapid organic and inorganic growth.
- Collaborate with senior leadership peers in a cross-functional matrix environment in order to identify and execute solutions to complex business problems.
- 10+ years of professional general management experience (sales, marketing, operations, management) with a proven track record for driving profitable performance in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment.
- 5+ years senior management experience required.
- Experience in dental, medical device, or other similar industries strongly preferred; prior experience in oral surgery segment of dentistry a plus.
- Experience building, leading, and motivating ‘A player’ teams is required.
- Prior acquisition and integration experiences strongly preferred
- Previous experience in high-growth, private-equity owned business preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a related field is required; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Expansive knowledge of selling, marketing, product management, and operations strategies, with the ability to implement appropriate solutions to achieve profitable above-market growth;
- Strong financial and business acumen, with the ability to link initiatives to the bottom-line success of the organization;
- Knowledge of GMPs; FDA and other applicable health product regulators, OSHA, and ISO 13485 requirements; and other regulatory requirements governing medical device sourcing, manufacture and distribution.
- Strong analytical skills in support of metrics-, data- and process-oriented objectives; ability to succinctly report on critical measures and market details to key internal and external stakeholders; and
- Excellent creative problem solving skills with the ability to ideate unique solutions to customer opportunities or concerns.
- Demonstrate success as a people leader, including the ability to: set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision; attract, hire, retain, and develop key/critical leaders and staff; and establish an engaging culture of ‘driving to win’, accountability, quality, and customer focus.
- A progressive, strategic thinker; the ability to lead by example and create followership.
- Driven to succeed, strong work ethic, ability to deliver results in a fast-paced business environment.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- Dynamic and fact-driven with the flexibility to change approach as necessary.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer