|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for an Engineering student for a Co-op position starting Spring 2017 at our Earth City location. The Engineering Co-op will be responsible for supporting the Engineering Department with Entry-Level tasks and support on-going project initiatives.
- Perform measurements and testing of R&D and Production components for Engineering Team
- Compile 3D Solid Models and generate 2D CAD Drawings per Engineering Standards
- Investigate new opportunities and compile basic cost justifications
- Author and Execute Engineering Qualifications on Material, Equipment and Processes
- Perform quantitative analysis on production data, inspection results, etc.
- Calculations for OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) on equipment and production resources
- Perform Time Studies and Material Studies to improve Structure and Routing accuracy
- Observe, document and compile procedural work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate Engineering program; Junior or Senior level preferred
- Proficient working with computers, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook); SolidWorks modeling software a plus
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and lift up to 35 pounds. Minimal travel required.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer