|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
ROLE OVERVIEW: As a key part of the Operations team, the Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for sourcing and supply chain activity across the organization. The Sourcing Specialist will need to partner significantly with the various operations teams and others across the business to influence and drive critical outcomes on procurement projects. Areas of focus will be: 1.) Helping to drive bottom line impact through savings and margin improvement projects; 2.) Creating visibility and high levels of communication; and 3.) Managing reporting and tracking methodology. This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the business and with suppliers by creating a clear supply network to ensure compliance with procurement procedures, negotiated deliverables from partners, and cost improvement opportunities.
- Create sourcing plans for the organization designed to deliver the appropriate supply base and best commercial outcome.
- Supporting the strategic sourcing process by coordinating specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and documentation to ensure that the most appropriate supplier selection is achieved in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Leading or supporting commercial negotiations to ensure goal achievement and the best commercial outcome.
- Supporting the Operations teams in identifying fresh procurement opportunities through running reports, data analysis, supplier discovery, and engagement with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the organization’s spend is appropriately challenged and managed.
- This role will be key to ensure that the business selects the most appropriate vendors by considering the business requirements and evaluating these commercially to achieve the best value for money solutions.
- Sourcing Specialist will be required to undertake general procurement activities by leading the new vendor process, data analysis, spend and compliance reporting and the roll out of new processes and policies.
- Driving the execution of the new vendor process so that the relevant KPIs, controls, and supplier management standards are defined in the contracts and internal process.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques.
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers.
- Create and maintain methodologies for supplier metrics and scorecarding.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- Work with Quality team to ensure appropriate controls are set.
- Work on new product development projects as needed.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in operations, supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field.
- 5 years of progressive experience in global sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management.
- Successful experience operating in an internally matrixed function while driving initiatives organization wide.
- Experience in a regulated environment, preferably FDA and Medical Devices, with knowledge of ISO 13485 standards, FDA guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and European Medical Device Directive.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and methodologies.
- Experience with change management.
- Negotiating and selling skills.
- Ability to develop, track, analyze, and report/communicate on projects and supply chain metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of how to optimize landed cost with supplier and delivery risk through tough negotiation, good vendor selection, and appropriate contract terms
- Superior root cause problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe Illustrator.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 25%, including overseas travel