|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
We are looking for a Shipping Clerk at our manufacturing facility in Earth City. If you are reliable, hard-working and are seeking a role in a growing manufacturing company with established long-term success, we encourage you to apply. Young Dental offers a stable job with competitive starting pay, opportunities for advancement, full benefit package upon hire including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) life & disability insurance and much more! This position is for our 1st shift, Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm.
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
SUMMARY: Accurately ship and receive goods; prepare and enter records of goods shipped and bills of lading; keep records of goods received; and associated reporting. Follow all safety rules and company established manufacturing methods and processes and while meeting KPIs.
- Verify shipments and receipts against BOLs, Invoices, or related documentation to ensure correct quantity, type, date, etc.
- Move all packaging pallets from queue to correct location in warehouse.
- Organize warehouse location with proper materials and products.
- Using a forklift or hand truck, move finished goods from Secondary operations to warehouse locations.
- Transport raw materials to production rooms based on job orders.
- Ensure materials are prepared for new jobs/changeovers. Maintain all documentation regarding transactions. Set up as per company processes.
- Prepare damaged goods and shortage reports and communicate to the proper departments.
- Condense pallets as possible and remove pallets.
- Track and enter material transfers in ERP system. Post weight and shipping charges and all related data.
- Use barcode readers to ensure ERP system is updated with all material and product movements
- May cross-train on Material Handler duties
- May assist in training new employees.
- Other job duties as assigned
RELATED DUTIES: Continues to update job knowledge through cross-training as requested. Performs related duties as required, including breaking down cardboard and placing in dumpster; emptying runner bins at end of shift; and sweeping, cleaning and keeping warehouse and receiving area clean and safe. Maintain files of all records.
- Minimum 1-2 years of combination of incoming material inspections, related computer system data entry, forklift and or hand truck operations in an industrial environment.
- At least one year experience with various freight methods, S&R documentation such as BOLs, invoicing, damaged goods returns, etc.
- Ability to read, write, take direction and work well within a team
- Proficient in speaking/writing/reading English
- Must be able to work standing for 8 hours. Able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and lift up to 40 pounds occasionally. Able to communicate well in oral and written form.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manufacturing plant environment with some variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.