|Title:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for sourcing and supply chain activity across the organization for all of Young’s Dental Products Categories. The Supply Chain Manager will provide overall support to the company's supply chain while having responsibility for identifying and executing strategic organization-wide and business unit-specific supply chain improvements. The Supply Chain Manager will need to partner significantly with the various operations teams and others across the business to influence and drive critical outcomes on procurement projects, as well as supporting the M&A process for the organization.
- Work within the Supply Chain team and across the organization to create strategic sourcing plans for the organization designed to deliver an exceptional supply base and best commercial outcome.
- Support the sourcing process by coordinating specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and documentation to ensure that the most appropriate supplier selection is achieved in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Support the Corporate Development team in acquisition activities (diligence and integration) to ensure maximum leverage of current supply chain and acquired-business capabilities.
- Create continual analysis process and structure to ensure on-going review of current supply chain as well as acquired partners.
- Lead or support commercial negotiations
- Partner with the Operations teams to identify fresh procurement opportunities through running reports, data analysis, supplier discovery, and engagement with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the business selects the most appropriate vendors (domestic and international) by considering the business requirements and evaluating these commercially to achieve the best value for money solutions.
- Develop, support, and communicate new or enhanced policies/procedures across the business units where appropriate.
- Support the business in the execution of the new vendor process so that the relevant KPIs, controls, and supplier management standards are defined in the contracts and internal process.
- Partner with QRA team to ensure proper regulatory fit of suppliers and also that appropriate quality measures are set up at each manufacturing location.
- Work with Supply Chain Director on standardizing Item Cost Management process.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, make vs. buy, and benchmarking.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques.
- Create and maintain methodologies for supplier metrics and scorecards
- Work with supply chain to troubleshoot price, quality, delivery, and customer service issues as needed to ensure business continuity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in global sourcing, procurement, logistics, and/or supply chain management. Bachelor's degree in operations, supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field is required
- Successful experience operating and managing in an internally matrixed function while driving initiatives organization wide.
- Strong leadership skillset.
- Experience in a regulated environment, preferably FDA and Medical Devices, with knowledge of ISO 13485 standards, FDA guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Intermediate level knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in guiding and influencing teams and driving change management
- Negotiating and selling skills.
- Ability to develop, track, analyze, and report/communicate on projects and supply chain metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior root cause problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of how to optimize landed cost with supplier and delivery risk through tough negotiation, good vendor selection, and appropriate contract terms
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 25 - 50%, including overseas travel
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer