|Title:||Quality Control Inspector, 2nd Shift|
|Job Location:||Missoula, MT|
At American Eagle Instruments Inc., we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. The growth of AEI has been fueled by the commitment and hard work of this special group of people. As an established industry leader, AEI offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits and a dynamic work environment. AEI is comprised of a diverse and intelligent workforce. Our employment practices are implemented without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local fair employment law practices.
Young Innovations is looking for a Quality Control who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Quality Control is Responsible for ensuring minimum standards for product quality to defined specifications.
- Supports and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate and departmental policies and goals.
- Interprets quality control instructions and implements instructions.
- Inspects and analyzes in-process product for defects and dispositions it accordingly.
- Checks-in and inspects incoming raw materials.
- Performs incoming inspections of outsourced product/parts as necessary.
- Helps maintain accurate Inspection Logs for reporting and trend analysis.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities and helps determine any actions to be implemented to address the situation.
- Responsible to review in-process product to the appropriate specifications and advise changes or modifications or notify the Quality & Compliance Manager of the need for a concession.
- Work in conjunction with various department heads to determine root cause of any product quality issues impacting large quantities of product, a broad range of products, or the potential impact to future production.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and graphic and written product specifications.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding and ability to utilize typical Microsoft Office Suite applications, most notably Excel and Word.
- Fundamental understanding and utilization of basic measuring equipment, including calipers, micrometers, surface gages, hardness testers, optical microscopes et al.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer