|Title:||Distribution Group Leader|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $200 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are looking for an energetic Distribution Lead to join our warehouse team at our Algonquin, Illinois facility. This position will be responsible for taking a lead role in the receiving, warehousing and shipping of finished and procured goods. The successful Lead will help assure all material is handled in a safe and efficient manner that meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards while also fulfilling all customer requirements.
- Contribute to the supervision and direction of daily shift operations related to distribution, and, as needed, effectively schedule and assign tasks based on work flow and company priorities.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and adherence to any applicable safety requirements, including forklift safety. Conduct regular safety team meeting and area safety audits.
- Coordinate all freight activity to insure the proper movement of materials into and out of the distribution center with an emphasis on both cost-effective pricing and minimization of transit times.
- Assure that good inventory control practices are observed, including lot/serial control, FIFO, and that cycle-counting is maintained within the scope of procedures.
- Execute and analyze daily performance reports
- Identify and pursue any cost reduction projects to insure that all operations are cost effective.
- Complete any necessary daily tasks, including receipt of goods and/or pick/pack/ship procedures to ensure daily goals are met or exceeded.
- Continually function as a key contributor to the Operations leadership team.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external customers, and promptly resolve any issues brought forward via that role.
- Support operational activity and special projects as requested.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred
- Some supervisory/lead experience in a distribution setting is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a distribution setting, including receiving, stocking, and pick/pack/ship is required, or 2 years’ prior experience at Young Innovations
- Forklift certification required, forklift trainer certification preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office required.
- Knowledge of commonly utilized operational and quality programs and standards including ISO standards, MRP and/or WMS software, as well as exposure to commonly utilized documents such as bills of material, bills of lading, pick tickets, packing slips, work instructions, etc.
- Experience with Lean Methodology preferred.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer