|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales of nearly $200 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
Young Innovations is looking for a dynamic and focused Quality Engineer to join our team at our facility in Algonquin, Illinois. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for providing Quality Assurance support for finished product manufacturing, sourcing and distribution.
- Represent the Quality function as a member in cross-functional teams supporting product and production improvement activities to ensure proper and consistent implementation of the quality system.
- Provide support to ensure the successful completion of Product Development initiatives, CAPA, and Internal Audit.
- Provide support for quality problems via root cause determination and implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality standards and protocol to design, manufacture, and distribution of finished products.
- Collaborate with other functions to created Technical Documentation for distribution of products outside the U.S.
- Collaborate with other functions to approve and manage suppliers of finished products.
- Conduct internal quality audits of external manufacturers and sister plants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- 3+ years of related Quality and Regulatory experience within healthcare (e.g., medical devices, pharmaceuticals) manufacturing and distribution
- Established success in an ISO environment, preferably in the medical field.
- Experience in FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and MDSAP.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- Minimal travel will be required (5 – 10% of total work time)
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.