|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
Assigned to the Machining Value Stream, specializes in the high-speed production of precision components used for the fabrication and assembly of medical devices in the dental industry. Screw machine operators perform a variety of tasks in their work with one or more multiple-spindle, automatic lathe-type screw machines. These machines are used to produce custom parts from stock metal or other materials. The operator chooses cutting speeds, the depth of cuts, how fast the machine should run and which cutting tools should be used for each operation. Operators base their decisions on experience, knowledge about the materials being used and basic mathematic principles. Operate and maintain equipment.
• Program, troubleshoot, set up, and run all currently operating CNC machines
• Build and work with assemblies and sub-assemblies
• Following GMP standards and SOPs
• In process inspection reports required
• Deburr parts (manual and rotary buff)
• Operate part cleaning/polishing equipment
• Operate gear cutters, pneumatic presses, EDM, Calipers, micrometers, and other tools
• Report machine malfunctions and provide appropriate information to supervisor
• Read and interpret drawings/blueprints
• Ensure product meets specifications
• Identify and support continuous improvement efforts or production processes
• Associate’s degree from a technical school
• GMP/FDA/ISO experience
• Experience with Swiss machines/programming preferred
•Operator must be able to work in a team environment to communicate issues, solve problems, plan an organize work
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.