|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a strong Human Resources Manager to join our team at our Young Dental manufacturing facility located in Earth City, MO. The HR Manager will focus on overseeing various aspects of the human resources function and will act as a strategic partner to employees and managers in executing the operational objectives of the business unit. The incumbent will rely heavily on their strong foundation in core HR competencies to execute multiple projects and ongoing activities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This role will report to the Vice President of Human Resources with close partnership to the Director of Operations for the facility.
Lead and execute ongoing and project-based activities in the following areas:
- Recruiting, Staffing, and Onboarding – write job descriptions/postings; develop sourcing plans; execute full-cycle recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt hires; partner with temp agencies for contract and short-term labor; provide interview training and guidance for managers
- Employee Relations – investigate and resolve employee situations in accordance with company policy and existing laws; execute progressive discipline and performance improvement
- Employee Engagement – drive employee engagement and build/maintain a positive cultural environment
- Training and Development – work internally and with outside vendors to select and/or develop appropriate employee and manager training programs; deliver training
- Strategic Business Partnership – actively engage with operations leaders to identify, develop, and execute HR programs or initiatives that support and/or drive forward broader business initiatives
- HR Compliance – work with managers and employees to ensure that daily operations and strategic plans are in-line with HR law and past practices; review, revise and administer policies and HR procedures; administer FML/ADA for site through third-party vendor partner
- Organizational Design and Workforce Planning – in conjunction with the VP of HR, partner with site-based operational leaders and managers to develop appropriate organizational structures and assist in the review/succession planning processes
- Compensation and Benefits – develop and execute coordinated salary and incentive/reward structures, assist in rollout of company benefit programs and act as site-based expert for benefit questions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial relations, or a related field; PHR/SPHR preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in human resources with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity; manufacturing/distribution experience preferred
- Prior experience in multiple HR generalist capacities, e.g. recruiting, benefits, compensation, employee relations, and compliance
- Thorough and sound knowledge of employment law
- Dynamic manager with the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team and engage all employees/managers within the organization
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp and interpret information pertinent to the growth of the organization
- Capability to manage multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Computer/system skills, including intermediate to advanced skills in: HRIS, ATS, and Microsoft Excel/ PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization, specifically in a manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to support off-hours shifts on an as-needed basis
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.