|Title:||Director of Human Resources|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $140 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
Young Innovations is looking for a dynamic, focused, and engaging leader to join our team as the Director of Human Resources at our facility in Algonquin, IL. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing/maintaining a broad variety of HR strategies and programs for multiple Business Units and/or Corporate Functions. Areas of focus will include: talent management and organizational design; recruiting; HR systems and workforce analytics; employee relations; benefits and compensation; training and development; and legal/compliance, such as policy development, knowledge/application of employment laws, workers’ compensation, etc. The Director of Human Resources will partner closely with business leaders, managers, and employees to understand the organization and develop talent- and data-driven solutions aligned with the Company’s human capital and financial growth objectives. This position will report to the VP of HR and assists in developing the strategic direction of HR for all of Young Innovations. The Director of Human Resources will be a role model and mentor within the department while providing direct management to one or more members of the HR team.
- Acts as a trusted business partner to leaders, managers, and employees to ensure that HR programs/initiatives align with the Company’s financial and operational growth objectives. Drives the identification, development, and implementation of HR process improvements to effect continual improvements in execution.
- Owns the execution of talent management and organizational design activities. Adapts org structures for scalable growth and ensures talent review/succession plans are developed and reviewed. Executes performance management/appraisal processes.
- Drives the recruitment and retention of A-player talent, including development and implementation of strong recruitment programs and effective sourcing strategies to ensure the organization has the right talent in the right role at the right time. Recruits for exempt level positions. Ensures managers/interviewers are trained in legal and effective interviewing techniques.
- Researches available training and development programs in a number of areas and recommends appropriate programs for employees. Develops and delivers training on a variety of HR- or Management/Leadership-related topics. Continuously coaches managers.
- Develops innovative ways to reward, recognize and engage employees. Develops and coordinates employee compensation and recognition programs. Instills a culture of positive employee engagement.
- Tracks, reviews, and reports on value-added HR and workforce metrics. Analyzes data to recommend solutions.
- Investigates complaints of harassment, discrimination, etc. Analyzes data and makes recommendations regarding resolution of the issue. Meets with employees to mediate disputes and reviews cases of progressive discipline. Reviews and recommends corrective action related to behavioral or performance deficiencies.
- Assists with the oversight of employee benefits including medical, dental, disability, life insurance and 401(k). Works in conjunction with VP of HR, consultants and vendors on benefits planning recommendations and benchmarking.
- Ensures compliance with employment law, including creating/maintaining policies, procedures, and communications regarding employee issues.
- Participates in due diligence and integration actions for acquisitions.
- Leads and develops HR staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of successful, progressive experience in the field of Human Resources with practical knowledge in a variety of HR disciplines, including talent management, organizational design, recruiting, employee relations, benefits/compensation, training and development, performance management, and HR/legal compliance.
- Previous experience in manufacturing environments a plus
- 1+ year in a supervisory or management capacity with the ability to lead/mentor and manage the development of peers and direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and workers compensation.
- Demonstrated experience in building business partner relationships which can be leveraged to align HR to total-company objectives.
- Expert-level knowledge of HR systems (HRIS, ATS, etc.) and intermediate or better ability in MS Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to track and report on meaningful HR metrics.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate in all formats (written and verbal) throughout all levels of the organization and with external vendors/partners.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills with the ability to appropriately apply laws and policies in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to function independently, demonstrate ownership, drive outcomes, and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.