|Title:||Production Planning and Inventory Analyst|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a Production Planning and Inventory Analyst to join our team at Young Dental in Earth City, Missouri. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for developing and issuing executable production schedules for assigned work centers, in accordance with the established Lean Kanban Capacity methodology, in order to meet or exceed customer service level goals.
- Production planning using Lean Kanban Capacity methodology to evaluate accurate inventory levels and resource requirements
- Initiate forecast reviews - Coordinates re-forecasting across segments to minimize forecast volatility and achieve sales and inventory plans and performs necessary resource capacity analysis to support business objectives.
- Communication and coordination with production supervisors. The Production Planner is accountable to schedule execution and works closely with production supervisors to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if require.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Communication of company vendor and shipping requirements as well as any special requests to suppliers
- Review, in collaboration with the Buyer, data integrity for assigned work centers and materials
- Analyze, manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining optimal inventory levels, along with ensuring customer reliability and meeting target inventory turns
- Analyze, manage and maintain production line capacity levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of product while maintaining optimal inventory levels. Allowing for strategic decisions months, if not years, in advance.
- Actively engage in a developing S&OP process
- Support operational activity and special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a Supply Chain or a Business related field
- Prefer but not required, one year experience in a production planning role, ideally in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Excel Knowledge is a must
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office required
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups; meet deadlines and schedules; think critically and quickly; work as part of a team; be flexible to changing conditions; work with multiple projects; deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities; and maintain confidentiality
- Skilled at operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications
- Skilled at planning and managing projects; budgeting and financial management; developing effective working relationships
- Outstanding customer service ability
- Minimal travel will be required
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include offers of Health, HSA, Dental, Life, Vision, STD and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), vacation, and holidays.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer