|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a growing mid-sized manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. We have an outstanding reputation for quality and customer service. Our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are looking for a Planner/Buyer who thrives in a fast-paced role to join our team. The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for coordinating and executing day-to-day planning and buying for the Algonquin distribution facility. Key results will include utilizing data and direction from the ERP system to ensure finished good availability to support customer orders out of the distribution center. The Planner/Buyer will also help to support supplier management.
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation, and finished good/material lead times.
- Manage & schedule requisitions for both purchased & manufactured products in ERP System
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all finished goods and materials
- Assist in managing item master data excellence in ERP system
- Establish key planning and buying metrics
- Identify best practices and innovations to improve purchasing processes, systems, policies and procedures.
- Partner with other corporate sites and business units to manage inter-company and inter-country flow of finished goods and materials
- Communicate directly with suppliers to resolve issues relating to order commitments, scheduling, delivery, and expediting
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Partner with distribution center team to help better manage PO deliveries, shortages, and goods for kitted items.
- Support supplier quality and regulatory issues pertaining to assigned supply chain partners
- Work closely with sourcing and supply chain team on pricing, MOQ, supply changes, and promoting positive supplier management
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
- Collaborate with purchasing team and internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including analytics, recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a buyer/planner role working for distribution or direct manufacturing environments
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MPR, Transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite- advanced skills with MS excel
- Experience in working with ERP systems; IFS a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a self- directed manner, as needed
- Display sound judgement and decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Extremely high standards of excellence
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Process improvement oriented
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer