|Title:||Machine Operator - Auto Packing|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in excess of $100 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a machine operator to join our team in St. Louis, MO. In this position, you will be responsible for operating and adjusting machinery, as well as inspecting and releasing completed products. This is 12 hour shift that will work on a rotating 2 week schedule.
- Operate and adjust automated packaging equipment as required
- Audit production quality by utilizing in process inspections and visual observations
- Properly complete all production, quality inspection, and OEE paperwork
- Maintain a high level of quality by operating within the company quality system, as well as FDA and ISO regulations
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on machinery
- Utilize inventory management system to locate materials
- Maintain inventory lot tracking while operating in a FIFO manner
- Carry out lean manufacturing initiatives including Kanban system
- Participate in continuous improvement processes
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping procedures to maintain a safe work environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of machine operation and/or product inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Possess mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn operation of machinery
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Possess attention to detail
- Must be able to take direction and work well within a team
- Must be adaptable and able to work on a variety of tasks as required
- Must be able to work standing for 12 hours and lift up to 50 lbs
- Regular, consistent attendance is an absolute must
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.