|Title:||Quality Inspector/ Incoming packaging|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products.
Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Inspector is responsible for verifying and approving incoming packaging materials for release to manufacturing. Follows all safety rules and company established manufacturing and quality methods and processes while meeting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: This position is responsible for all production lines at the Earth City manufacturing plant.
- Perform quality inspections on incoming packaging materials for release to manufacturing.
- Responsible for all documentation for products, insuring the documentation is filled accurately and completely utilizing good documentation practices.
- Be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Verify and approve production startup on shop orders and Batch Records. To include but not limited to:
- Measurements parts using gauges per specifications and company quality requirements as each product requires.
- Perform quality inspections on shop orders and molding parts for tips, cavities, etc. per Quality Manual at specified intervals.
- Be able to properly annotate failures according to company procedures when product fails, properly document the materials and documents, and communicate with the operators and Lead staff. Perform packaging and final release inspections and ensure shop orders are properly completed
- Work closely with Lead staff to ensure finished goods received proper inspections per policy
- Work with team throughout the shift to guarantee that all duties and inspections are met throughout the shift.
- Cross-train on all inspection duties
- Assist in training new employees
- All other job duties as assigned
Training and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in field or related area.
- Prefer automated machine operation and/or product visual inspection experience in an industrial environment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Competent in basic computer usage, to include Microsoft Office and similar applications.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field. Ability to distinguish color.
- Ability to use basic measuring devices.
- Ability to take direction. Able to work on a team and move to different task as required by team.
- Must be able to complete paperwork.
Able to work standing up for 8 hours and lift up to 30lbs. occasionally. Must be able to bend, reach and walk frequently. Able to communicate orally and in writing. Must be able to use a computer.
Exposure to manufacturing environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
- Ability to read and follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.