|Title:||Operations Financial Analyst|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a strong Operations Financial Analyst to join our team at our Young Dental manufacturing facility located in Earth City, MO. The Operations Financial Analyst will be a key financial business partner for the operations segment providing financial and analytical support to the Finance and Operations teams. The Operations Financial Analyst will collaborate with the operations team across multiple manufacturing sites. This role will be responsible for monitoring operational reporting and initiatives, analytical support and guidance and helping to further develop reporting and processes to drive actionable results. This role will also provide key support on an ad hoc basis within Young Innovations Finance team. The candidate must be comfortable maneuvering through complex data sets and partnering/communicating effectively with all levels of business leadership.
- Improve financial outcomes by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management
- Partner with business managers to provide analytical support; help identify leading indicators and reporting capabilities to drive actionable results
- Maintain a high-level understanding of standard cost detail and the relationship to productivity and efficiency. Help identify areas for cost-savings and efficiencies.
- Analyze operations data and trends and develop processes for tracking results. Play a key role in the development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for executive team review of operations performance, including variance analysis and forecasting to identify risks and opportunities
- Partner with Operations to deliver financial modelling of various business cases such as sourcing, capital investment & new product launches
- Manage the creation and execution of dashboards and other ad hoc reporting based on changing business needs
- Serve as a liaison between the manufacturing site and the corporate accounting and finance functions
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in managing complex financial systems; experience in operations or manufacturing environment a plus
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to work in a fast-paced organization on diverse and challenging projects
- Fundamental understanding of accounting; and preferably cost accounting
- Knowledge of business modeling and an understanding of how businesses operate and utilize information
- Strong quantitative acumen with the ability to clearly present financial, operational, and market information
- Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities. Strategic thinker.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a self- directed manner, as needed
- Displays sound judgment and decision-making
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- Ability to extract and manipulate large quantities of data from an ERP system and data warehouse/cube structure
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Above average verbal & writing skills
Young/Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.