|Title:||Maintenance Technician - Night Shift|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in excess of $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for Maintenance Technician who thrives in a fast-paced role to join our team in Earth City, Missouri. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for keeping machines, mechanical equipment, and the structure of an establishment in proper working order. This role is also responsible for completion of scheduled work assignments, including, but not limited to production equipment, building systems, fabrication, calibrations, feeder design, PLC troubleshooting/programming, PM’s and new equipment installations.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical and mechanical problems
- Assemble mechanical and electrical machines
- Perform routine preventive industrial maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment
- Follow all established safety, health, quality, GMP and Company policies/procedures and recognized practices.
- Follow all aspects of the Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education/training preferred
- Minimum 4 years of practical, hands on experience in an equivalent role or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience working with Plastic Injection Molding is an asset
- Experience with form, fill, seal equipment an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Motivated, goal-driven, with a dedication to constant improvement
- Knowledge of voltages and various electrical setups is an asset
- Electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience is an asset
- Fabrication, welding, and layout skills are an asset
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and cost
- Must be able to use a personal computer
- Able to carry and/or lift up to 50 lbs
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.