|Title:||Quality Control Chemist|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
Competitive starting pay, opportunities for advancement, full benefit package upon hire including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life & disability insurance and much more!
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: The Quality Control Chemist will be responsible for overall testing of raw materials, in process finished goods and stability samples.
- Establish and perform receiving inspection of incoming raw materials
- Inspect and/or test all incoming raw materials and bulk products related to chemical product lines
- Inspect and analyze in-process chemical products
- Utilize GLP to perform Chemical and Microbiological tests
- Perform final QC tests and release of Finished chemical products
- Initiate, conduct, and perform IQ, OQ, and PQ validations for laboratory equipment; method validations; and annual product reviews
- Assist with complaint investigations regarding the quality and efficacy reliability[TB1] of chemical products
- Perform chemical product testing to investigate quality concerns
- Participate in internal quality audits of the established quality system
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the company’s Quality Assurance Inspection Procedures (QAIPs)
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping procedures to maintain safe working environment
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent science degree required
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a QC Lab environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a manufacturing-based team environment
- Skilled in QC tests such as pH determination, fluoride content determination, basic weights, specific gravity and identity tests, basic microbiology assays – total plate count
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
Chemical evaluation laboratory in a manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.