|Title:||Corporate Development Manager|
|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: The Corporate Development Manager will support and execute enterprise-wide corporate development initiatives, including acquisition diligence and integration and organic projects to improve growth and efficiency of our business. Responsibilities include the execution of merger and acquisition activity, including prospecting, valuation, and due diligence for potential acquisition targets, strategic partnerships, alliances and joint ventures. The Corporate Development Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Development, and will have broad and frequent interaction with the CEO and other senior management.
- Evaluates mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, licensing opportunities, strategic partnerships and other corporate development opportunities
- Performs strategic and quantitative analyses, determines appropriate valuations and deal structures, and conducts due diligence to execute corporate development opportunities
- Coordinates with internal and external teams during transaction due diligence
- Develops and utilizes tools to evaluate opportunities in the corporate development pipeline
- Researches and analyzes industry segments, identifying trends and strategic areas of interest
- Creates project-level forecasts for incorporation into a long-range planning process and analyzes performance against objectives
- Works cross-functionally with other departments to lead internal projects and strategic initiatives designed to improve growth, profitability and efficiency across the business
- Assists in preparation of routine and ad hoc presentations and reporting packages for senior management and board review
- Performs special assignments as requested.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- At least four years of professional experience, with a preference for corporate development, investment banking, private equity or management consulting experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to work in a fast-paced, meritocratic organization on diverse and challenging projects
- Strong quantitative acumen with the ability to perform financial modeling and clearly present financial, operation, and market information
- Ability to navigate and document findings and issues within financial statements and due diligence responses
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting requirements
- Advanced understanding of key value drivers in private equity ownership
- General business acumen and project management skills to support organic initiatives and integration processes
- Strong financial analysis, modeling and presentation skills; excellent proficiency in MS Office (emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to demonstrate clear, concise articulation of proposed actions, illustrating opportunity, risks and alternative options
- Self-starter, highly motivated and prepared to undertake all projects with a sense of urgency and work in a self-directed manner
Office environment and occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Travel will be required, up to 25%