|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in excess of $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a 2nd shift Supervisor to join our team!
Reporting to the Disposable Value Stream Manager, the Supervisor will manage a group of production employees in vulcanizing, injection molding, auto assembly, and auto packing departments. The team is responsible for setting up and operating all machines necessary to produce and assemble products; and performs related duties as required.
- Ensures that all production staff adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, quality policies and ISO procedures.
- Manages production according to the production schedule and works with the production planner to revise when necessary.
- Monitors machining, assembly and test operations for quality and efficiency. Tracks and follows-up on parts shortages.
- Works with external support (consultants, vendors, etc.) to execute initiatives, operations problems solving and solutions.
- Works with quality department to ensure operators adhere to specified quality standards.
- Implements programs to improve work place safety, reduce costs, control scrap, decrease production lead times and increase efficiency as a key member/leader of the company’s Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Ensures that employees follow all safety policies and rules. Evaluates bills of material, engineering drawings and test procedures and makes necessary changes. Maintains and updates ISO documentation.
- Coordinates training of new night shift employees.
- Interviews candidates for hire and participates in the selection process.
- Disciplines employees and recommends termination when necessary.
- Maintains operations within approved budgets.
- Prepares budgets and reports as needed.
- Responds to grievances filed by employees.
- Maintains attendance logs, weekly time cards, perfect attendance logs and personnel records.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably a facility which is ISO certified; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices. Knowledge of ISO requirements. Some knowledge of machining practices and techniques in each DVS department.
- Ability to direct, motivate and manage a production staff. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations.
- Good leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Office environment and occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.