|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: The Materials Manager is responsible for providing oversight to and managing all purchasing, scheduling, and materials management functions within the manufacturing facility, including but not limited to: MRP, on-time delivery, master scheduling, materials availability, releasing shop floor paperwork, sourcing/picking vendors, issuing POs, managing vendors, and leading the activity of the materials handlers in the areas of shipping, receiving, inventory management, and cycle count program.
- Supervise and manage the day to day actives of the planner(s) to ensure proper schedule is maintained and paperwork is released to the floor on time
- Lead the sourcing effort to find/select new vendors and negotiating of pricing and contracts
- Supervise, coordinate, and oversee activities of the buyer(s) to ensure purchased materials bought on time in the correct quantities
- Leads logistical based initiatives and stays abreast of all industry trends, changes, legislation and innovations that may have an impact to our customers or vendors
- Identifies and leads improvement initiatives, including: planning, developing and implementing process improvements to advance current warehouse processes and configurations and improve material availability, on-time delivery, material storage, flow, process, reporting and systems.
- Promotes and facilitates a culture of continuous improvement
- Identifies, analyzes, and reports on key operational measures and metrics
- Evaluates warehouse, equipment and product handling activities and implements improvements/best practices to ensure maximum utilization of space, proper handling and rotation of stock, minimum damage to product and adequate inventory control procedures
- Manages inventory accuracy through the monitoring of daily warehouse activities including, but not limited to a structured cycle count program
- Manages staff: creating and maintaining plan for optimal resource utilization; developing and communicating appropriate goals; providing motivation and coaching; leading the employee selection, on boarding, training, and periodic review processes
- Along with the Warehouse Supervisor, Coordinates the day-to-day activities of material handling and shipping employees, ensuring that inbound products and outbound orders are processed accurately, securely and within agreed service levels
- Works directly with contracted carriers to ensure service levels are met
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, or a related field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience with demonstrated success in purchasing, warehouse management, and distribution/logistics in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager/supervisor in purchasing, planning/scheduling, warehouse management, distribution/logistics or combination
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong knowledge of inventory management processes and systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to train, motivate and direct the work of others
- Team-oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Strong computer skills (experience with Windows based applications).
- Strong experience with ERP and MRP tools
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience with IFS (Specific ERP Software)
- Strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables and Macros
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional physical activity is required: sitting, standing, walking and occasional lifting up to 10 pounds.
Office environment and occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.