|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $150 million covering a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories. We are a fast-paced, lean organization with tremendous opportunity for growth through hands-on experience with diverse and challenging projects.
Young Dental, a subsidiary of Young Innovations, is a leading US designer, manufacturer and marketer of clinically advanced dental hygiene products with locations in St. Louis, MO and Algonquin, IL. Young Dental has been developing dental products since 1900 having launched and built some of the industry’s most revered products. Young’s flagship product is the disposable prophy angle which set the stage for innovation in dental hygiene over forty years ago. Trusted by dental professionals’ worldwide, Young manufactures over 200 professional preventive products including hygiene hand pieces, prophy pastes, fluoride varnish and infection control products while maintaining strategic partnerships with well-known consumer brands like Oral B and Wrigley. For more information on our market leading products and innovative brands, please visit youngdental.com.
SUMMARY: Accurately ship and receive goods; prepare and enter records of goods shipped and bills of lading; keep records of goods received; and associated reporting. Follow all safety rules and company established manufacturing methods and processes and while meeting KPIs.
- Verify shipments and receipts against BOLs, Invoices, or related documentation to ensure correct quantity, type, date, etc.
- Move all packaging pallets from queue to correct location in warehouse.
- Organize warehouse location with proper materials and products.
- Using a forklift or hand truck, move finished goods from Secondary operations to warehouse locations.
- Transport raw materials to production rooms based on job orders.
- Ensure materials are prepared for new jobs/changeovers. Maintain all documentation regarding transactions. Set up as per company processes.
- Prepare damaged goods and shortage reports and communicate to the proper departments.
- Condense pallets as possible and remove pallets.
- Track and enter material transfers in ERP system. Post weight and shipping charges and all related data.
- Use barcode readers to ensure ERP system is updated with all material and product movements
- May cross-train on Material Handler duties
- May assist in training new employees.
- Other job duties as assigned
RELATED DUTIES: Continues to update job knowledge through cross-training as requested. Performs related duties as required, including breaking down cardboard and placing in dumpster; emptying runner bins at end of shift; and sweeping, cleaning and keeping warehouse and receiving area clean and safe. Maintain files of all records.
- Minimum 1-2 years of combination of incoming material inspections, related computer system data entry, forklift and or hand truck operations in an industrial environment.
- At least one year experience with various freight methods, S&R documentation such as BOLs, invoicing, damaged goods returns, etc.
- Ability to read, write, take direction and work well within a team
- Proficient in speaking/writing/reading English
- Must be able to work standing for 8 hours. Able to stand, walk, bend, reach, and lift up to 40 pounds occasionally. Able to communicate well in oral and written form.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manufacturing plant environment with some variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.