|Title:||Chemical Operator 2|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with sales in excess of $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for an accountable Chemical Operator 2 to join our team at our Earth City, MO location. The Chemical Operator 2 will be responsible for the operation, cleaning, documentation, changeover and maintenance of form/fill/seal and liquid packaging equipment used in the production of medical products for the dental industry.
- Safe and efficient operation of form/fill/seal and liquid packaging equipment in the production of medical products for the dental industry.
- Training and coaching new operators on safety, quality and operational procedures and ensuring adherence to established SOPs and guidelines.
- Continuously improve department operations through the use of lean manufacturing principles, problem solving skills and teamwork.
- Ensuring proper completion of all in-process quality testing tasks, and documenting the results of in-process quality tests on the batch record.
- Performing or assisting in performing cleaning, changeovers and maintenance on packaging machinery.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methodologies
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP systems and aptitude to learn new software applications
- Understand and use metric measurements and conversions
- Familiar with all departments within manufacturing and their interdependency, including flow of materials and flow of information
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization including the executive team
- Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- May need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include offers of Health, Dental, Life, Vision, STD and LTD insurance, 401k (with employer match), vacation, and holidays.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer