Sr. Operations Manager
|Title:||Sr. Operations Manager|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
The Senior Operations Manager position at our Earth City, MO facility is responsible for managing and leading production, warehousing and distribution activities. This is a senior role which involves overseeing the operations of a diverse product portfolio of medical devices and ensuring the organization is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient process that meets the expectations and needs of customers.
- Direct all Supply Chain related activities including but not limited to procurement and supplier management, inventory and material management, warehousing and order fulfillment, and forecasting and planning.
- Direct all procurement activities and lead the site procurement team with the goal of meeting on-time materials
- Direct all material warehousing and order fulfillment activities with a goal of meeting world class service levels
- Ensures coordination and fosters a strong working relationship between sales and operations to execute production requirements meeting customer demand
- Guides the production planning team ensuring availability of materials in the supply chain, as required per production schedules, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels with a goal of meeting on-time, in full delivery
- Responsible for leading manufacturing producing products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives, and ensuring all safety and regulatory requirements are met within manufacturing procedures
- Setting and developing budgets /business plans and managing cost meeting the organization’s goals and objectives
- Leading, coaching and developing a diverse group of exempt and non-exempt team members
- A Lean manufacturing leader driving the assessment, implementation and execution of Lean Continuous Improvement Program. Driving Lean principles and tools including but not limited to Demand Pull, JIT, ROP, Cellular manufacturing, 5S and Kaizen
- Work closely and continuously as a partner with the leaders in product development, account management/customer service, maintenance, engineering and regulatory affairs to problem-solve successful product introductions, sustainable compliance and effective production planning and scheduling
- A BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Management, Engineering or related technical field (Masters or MBA preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 5 years in leadership role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated results.
- A Lean Manufacturing background along with Sales & Operations Planning
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Ability to lead, plan and manage a diverse manufacturing business,
- The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and reach. Incumbent may need to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications