|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are seeking a talented, self-led, and energetic Graphic Designer to join our team at our Algonquin, IL location. The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating new brand identities for new product launches; maintaining established brand standards for a consistent experience; exploring fresh creative concepts to evolve brands with current trends. The Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with the Marketing Coordinator and outside partners to successfully deliver materials to market.
- Ensures brand standards are appropriately integrated into all designs to create a consistent brand experience.
- Works with the marketing team to create new product and branding initiatives that are compatible with the established Young brand portfolio.
- Explores and pushes creative boundaries by bringing new ideas and fresh solutions to the development of all work.
- Develops concepts and executes the design of logos, product branding, direct mail, print brochures and sales collateral, trade show booths, website design, email campaigns and packaging.
- Develops digital graphics for web-sites, apps, landing pages and html email campaigns.
- Executes in-house photography, image editing and art direction with freelance photographers.
- Edit existing video footage to include adjusting sequences, adding titles and creating short sound bites.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Understands and learns the dental industry to design and develop effective and engaging materials that relate to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- 3-7 years of work experience in graphic design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced competency in the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of marketing and brand building best practices
- Strong portfolio required and experience within the medical/dental field desired. Online portfolio is a plus
- Experience with common web technologies desirable (HTML, CSS)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail.
- Photography knowledge a plus
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer