|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a growing mid-sized manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. We have an outstanding reputation for quality and customer service. Our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are seeking a Quality Technician/Inspector who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced role. The Quality Technician/Inspector will be responsible for ensuring that materials and products meet quality requirements based on product specifications. The Quality Inspector is also responsible for handling the non-conforming product process and assuring affected product is segregated accordingly.
- Handle Incoming Inspection process. This includes:
- Inspect/measure parts as defined per product specifications and inspection plans,
- Utilize measurement tools and product drawing to perform inspection
- Document results of inspection and disposition product accordingly,
- Complete and maintain all applicable records (e.g., Inspection records, product certification, supplier Certificate of Conformity).
- Support production processes and controls. This includes:
- Assure all aspects of the assembly or packaging process are in conformance to process requirements
- Verify labeling for accuracy and UDI conformance,
- Inspect/measure parts and assure all components of the packaged product are correct as per the production order and specification
- Complete and maintain all applicable records (e.g., Device History Records).
- Support nonconforming material investigations. This includes:
- Initiating Material Review Board (MRB) records as needed for purpose of handling nonconforming product, finished product or in-coming product,
- Evaluate and confirm Quality of product returned as part of customer complaints,
- Compile data and information related to nonconformities to report to Quality Management.
- 1+ years of experience working in a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry or equivalent field.
- High School diploma is required.
- Experience using tools including: micrometers, calipers, gauges, blueprints, etc.
- Experience working with Device History Records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR and ISO 13485.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Must have a strong multitasking ability.
- Self-motivated and upbeat individual with strong work ethic, time-management, and organizational skills
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer