|Title:||CNC Production Supervisor|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., whose sales exceeds $140 million and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, this role manages a group of production employees in machining and assembly departments who are responsible for setting up and operating all machines necessary to produce and assemble products; and performs related duties as required. They are responsible for supporting preventive maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Ensures that all production staff adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, quality policies and ISO procedures.
- Establishes production schedules and revises them as necessary.
- Monitors machining, assembly and test operations for quality and efficiency.
- Evaluates non-conformities in products, production machines and test equipment and resolves the problems causing the non-conformities.
- Tracks and follows-up on parts shortages.
- Works with external support (consultants, vendors, etc.) to execute initiatives, operations problems solving and solutions.
- Works diligently to understand the products purpose in the consumer market and works with customer facing company functions (Sales, Marketing, Product Development) to "consistently meet the customer's needs".
- Actively participates in new product development efforts in a specified role defined in the Product's Project Charter. While concurrently representing manufacturing production and operations function in product development meetings.
- Works closely with marketing, R&D and manufacturing support groups in the developing manufacturing systems for new products. Provides resources for pre-production and POM runs to validate product design and manufacturing process.
- Implements programs to improve work place safety, reduce costs, control scrap, decrease production lead times and increase efficiency as a key member/leader of the company's Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Ensures that employees follow all safety policies and rules.
- Works with technical support staff in the area of test equipment in order to repair, recalibrate and modify equipment as needed. Evaluates bills of material, assembly drawings and test procedures and makes necessary changes. Maintains and updates ISO documentation.
- Coordinates training of new employees. Interviews candidates for hire and participates in the selection process.
- Disciplines employees and recommends termination when necessary.
- Maintains operations within approved budgets. Prepares budgets and reports as needed.
- Responds to grievances filed by employees. Maintains attendance logs, weekly time cards, perfect attendance logs and personnel records.
RELATED DUTIES: Recommends new equipment and prepares cost justification for the equipment. Writes work instructions and procedures. Monitors the maintenance schedule to ensure proper maintenance of machines. Prepares reports as needed.
Training and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in any discipline related to manufacturing and 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably a facility which is ISO certified; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices. Knowledge of ISO requirements. Some knowledge of machining practices and techniques.
Ability to direct, motivate and manage a production staff. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations.
Good leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to travel occasionally.
Office environment and frequent exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.