|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc., a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
Young Dental is looking to hire a Lab Technician to assist in the completion of R&D projects through execution of various lab tests and stability programs. This position is a short Term project 3-6 months, 1st shift 8:00 am – 4:30 pm located at our Earth City, Missouri manufacturing facility.
- Assist in managing R&D stability by preparing stability samples, perform physical and analytical testing, entering data/result in software and write reports.
- Perform equipment calibration daily and record in log book
- Initiate, conduct, and perform Test Method Validation, IQ, OQ, PQ and Design Verifications
- Write, review and revise laboratory standard operating procedures, methods and controlled testing forms.
- Follow all safety and good housekeeping procedures to maintain safe working environment.
- Communicate testing status to the stability coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
B.S/B.A. degree in a science field with 2-3 years industry experience. Associates degree with 5-6 years industry experience. Individuals with 8+ years Quality Control laboratory testing experience will be considered.
Familiar with Chemical laboratory equipment including potentiometer, pH meter, Brookfield Viscometers, pycnometer and loss on drying.
Knowledge of medical device is a plus
Knowledge of 21 CFR 210/211, 21 CFR 820, and ISO 13485
Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer