|Title:||Human Resources Business Partner|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. with a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for a strong HR Business Partner to join our team at our Young Dental manufacturing facility located in Earth City, MO. The HR Business Partner is responsible for providing strategic and tactical human resources support and guidance to one or more manufacturing/distribution facilities and the corporate operations and Quality Affairs/Regulatory Affairs functions. The HRBP will develop and execute and/or maintain projects, programs, and activities covering a broad spectrum of functional HR disciplines with notable areas of focus including: full cycle talent acquisition; talent assessment and performance management; organizational review and design (including communications and change management); team and leadership training and development; employee relations; employee engagement; and compliance. The HRBP partners with business leaders to understand their needs and ensure the effective execution and deployment of data- and talent-driven human capital solutions which effectuate critical organizational outcomes.
- Acts as a trusted business partner to ensure that HR programs/initiatives align with the Company’s financial and operational growth objectives. Drives the identification, development, and implementation of HR process improvements to align with broader organizational objectives.
- Drives the recruitment and retention of A-player talent, including: scoping/drafting effective job specs; developing/implementing strong recruitment programs and effective sourcing strategies to ensure the organization has the right talent in the right role at the right time; partnering with staffing agencies or other supplemental workforce solutions when needed; and guiding/training managers in effective talent acquisition techniques or methodologies.
- Conducts regular and ad hoc reviews of organizational design and effectiveness, and recommends/implements changes as needed, including necessary planning, change management or communications involving organizational shifts arising from consolidation, reduction-in-force, or acquisition.
- Lead the execution of site-based and corporate-driven talent assessment and review activities, including performance management processes, talent review calibration, employee career mapping and succession planning (9-box) efforts.
- Understand and delivers appropriate training and development programs tailored to employee, manager, or organizational needs. Researches, recommends, and partners with outside resources to deliver training and/or develops and delivers training on a variety of HR- or Management/Leadership-related topics. Continuously coaches managers.
- Investigates complaints of harassment, discrimination, etc. Analyzes data and makes recommendations regarding resolution of the issue. Meets with employees to mediate disputes and reviews cases of progressive discipline. Reviews and recommends corrective action related to behavioral or performance deficiencies.
- Tracks, reviews, and reports on value-added HR and workforce metrics. Analyzes data to recommend solutions.
- In partnership with HR Director and Corporate HR team: develops innovative ways to reward, recognize and engage employees. Develops and coordinates employee compensation and recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with employment law, including creating/maintaining policies, procedures, and communications regarding employee issues in conjunction with HR Director and Corporate HR team.
- Leads and develops direct report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of successful experience in the field of Human Resources with practical knowledge in a variety of HR disciplines, including talent management, organizational design, recruiting, employee relations, training and development, performance management, and HR/legal compliance.
- Proven business acumen and prior experience acting in a business partner capacity required.
- Previous experience with multi-site manufacturing and distribution environments strongly preferred
- Prior experience integrating acquisitions a plus
- 1+ year in a supervisory or management capacity with the ability to lead/mentor and manage the development of peers and direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of federal (US), state, and local employment laws.
- Knowledge of Canadian, UK or EU employment laws a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in building business partner relationships which can be leveraged to align HR to total-company objectives.
- Expert-level knowledge of HR systems (HRIS, ATS, etc.) and intermediate or better ability in MS Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to track and report on meaningful HR metrics.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate in all formats (written and verbal) throughout all levels of the organization and with external vendors/partners.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills with the ability to appropriately apply laws and policies in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to function independently, demonstrate ownership, drive outcomes, and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to support off-hours shifts on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.