|Job Location:||Algonquin, IL|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $200 million. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented Collections Analyst to join the dynamic and highly collaborative accounting team at our Algonquin, Illinois facility. Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Collections Analyst will be responsible for collections for all of companies in our Specialty Business Unit. The primarily focus is to collect past due invoices as well as keep on top of current accounts, to answer all external and internal inquiries associated with the Specialty Business Unit, and to process payments as necessary.
- Manage collection calls and/or correspondence to maintain current and collect past due accounts
- Monitor performance of existing portfolio of overdue invoices, account reconciliation, and dispute resolution
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Analyze credit risk and financial strength of new accounts (credit reports and references to determine the appropriate credit line).
- Perform independent credit analysis within assigned approval limit and provide recommendations to management on credit limits outside of assigned limit
- Process any incoming credit applications, request reference checks, and process credit report
- Review accounts with management on a monthly basis
- Enlist the efforts of sales, customer service and management when necessary to accelerate the collection process and help determine any bad debt
- Obtain business sales exemption documents
- 1+ years of relevant experience or college degree
- Ability to analyze credit reports
- Strong organization, analytical, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Easily adapts to changes in workload requirements.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Basic excel knowledge is required, intermediate excel knowledge is a plus.
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer